Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 4 days ago #5180

• johnw
  • Fresh Boarder
I got a new computer, loaded Delftship 9.31 on it, put the designs I've done so far in the folder, found that I could open them but cannot save any changes I've made to them. Delftship says "cannot create a backup file!" and when I reopen, none of my changes are in the design.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 3 days ago #5181

• Icare
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Did you try to save the modified model under a new file name?
I assume this way DelftShip won't try to create a backup file but just save the changes in a brand new file...

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 3 days ago #5182

• johnw
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't see a "save as" function. How would I do that?

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 3 days ago #5183

• johnw
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I found a way that seems to allow me to save under a different name, and the message I get is different. It says access denied.

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 3 days ago #5184

• johnw
  • Fresh Boarder
I've also tried changing the sharing and security properties of the folder. It always reverts to read only. I have found a work-around that allows me to save to the pictures file. This is not satisfactory, because I can't load from there.

new computer, Delftship won't save changes to old files 3 weeks 2 days ago #5185

• Maarten
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi John,
Interesting issue you have encountered. What OS version are you using? Since DELFTShip does not alter folder properties, some other process must be doing this.. Where does the folder reside? Normally Windows leaves everything under 'My Documents' read/write, but I have seen folders in the root of C:\ become restricted access...
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds