Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Latest update crashes

Latest update crashes 2 years 7 months ago #4606

• heemi.v8
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Updated a couple days ago and have been having crashes since then. Once i had a point selected for 2d moving with the mouse in perspective. I needed to change the view slightly to see where to move it. and program crashed while panning/zooming.

Second time i was extruding an edge and for no reason crashed again.

Some of the new tools are great though. Thanks for update
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4630

• Maryak
  • Gold Boarder
  • I was tired, today I am retired
  • Thank you received: 25
DS Free 8.08 (293) - Fantastic Thankyou
DS Free 8.08 (294) - Unstable and crashes without warning giving and unhandled exception notice.

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4631

• heemi.v8
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Been having more crashes. It seems to be when i perform a change such as point move/align/extrude etc. If i make a mistake and undo then try to move the same point again without deselecting and starting over it crashes. Ive also had trouble when trying to select and change layers. Im using windows 8 and ds pro.

Thanks

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4632

• Jurgen 54
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Sorry to hear that, a part from some complaints about items selection and deselection (nothing serious) on my steampot - aka stupid PC - it runs as usual.
I use Windows7 Pro, with dedicated graphic board and sincerely had no issue on any release still; could be crazy but i'm thinking almost a part of problems outcome should be tracked on software download bugs instead of customer's hardware.
I've also noticed that some geolocations are most affected...
Hope it would be fixed.
Jurgen.

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4634

• Maryak
  • Gold Boarder
heemi.v8 wrote:
Been having more crashes. It seems to be when i perform a change such as point move/align/extrude etc. If i make a mistake and undo then try to move the same point again without deselecting and starting over it crashes. Ive also had trouble when trying to select and change layers. Im using windows 8 and ds pro.

Thanks

Yes my 8.08 (294) is the same followed by access violation a hexadecimal No. - unhandled exception CRASH.

Like Jurgen, Win7 Pro with graphics assigned to a gpu.

Regards
Bob

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4636

• Jurgen 54
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hello Bob, hope your troubles has gone otherways i would feel guilty for Ds in my machine is running smooth as a finger in preanut butter.
I'm even appreciate tiny ( new) features in selection, now it's just like older versions, more practical also in "Tools" there are some slightly changes that can go unnoticed but add choices.
Anyway, i'm typing for a reason: in those days I felt a kind of boredom so kept drawing.
And I'm in need of some constructive but straight critic since I appreciate your experience in real salty world And in this tiny ambient of modelers.
In this file

File Attachment:

File Name: Newklinker.fbm
File Size: 343 KB

I sketched out Real stations ( approximate) was just thinking if it would be of some utility to have a 3D model of stations to export in .dxf or for 3D printing, in case I'd like to share the drawing steps.
Either, you do think it worths to draw a klinker hull with DS, i.e. it's convincing or useful for modeling/building purposes?
If so we can start a new topic, or at least have a mutual virtual pint.
Cheers, Jurgen.

Latest update crashes 2 years 6 months ago #4639

• Maryak
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Jurgen,

Sorry to be so long in responding.

I always admire your models and your attention to detail especially as you manage this entirely within Delftship, (something I have not mastered apart from a reasonably accurate hull to main deck level).

I am currently using 8.08 (293) and very happy with the performance.

Clinker hulls are the pinnacle of the shipwrights art. There are, (as far as I remember), three methods of mounting the oars.

1. A bronze Rowlock which swivels on a pin mounted in the gunwale..............the most modern.
2. Thole pins which are a pair of upright pins in the gunwale mounted a suitable distance apart for the loom of the oar.
3. Permanent semicircular cut out and re-enforced sections of the gunwale.

From memory most clinker hulls are built the right way up with the planks positioned over a set of frames. This is followed by inserting steamed ribs held in place with copper nails and ferrules, much lake a rivet. Finally the frames are removed knees, thwarts gunwales etc. added.

IIRC unlike wooden carvel hulls, clinker hulls require little or no caulking the swelling of the overlapped planks providing the seal.

Regards
Bob

Now just to set your mind at rest your project in clinker is worth persueing.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds