Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: document publisher

document publisher 2 years 2 months ago #4098

Hello Team,

at the moment I am getting in first touch with the document Publisher tool.

There is the possibility to create .html files as templates for the publisher. In which way or better how is a .html file created with tables and highlighted headlines etc. Do I have to write the template in "original" html style? Could you please give me a short example?

At the moment I have problems with creating tables etc. and underline Headlines.

Thanks in advance.

Malte
The administrator has disabled public write access.

document publisher 2 years 2 months ago #4099

• Maarten
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
Hello Malte,

If I understand you correctly, you have two questions:

1) Can you create templates for generated reports?
A: At the moment, no. There are 3 default styles included. The option to create a .CSS style for the entire report is currently being tested, and will be released in Q2 this year (projected)
2) How do I import an html document with a table?
A: Click the "Add chapter" button, and select HTML Static Text. Copy and paste a table in the 'Text' tab text area. Alternatively, go to the HTML tab, and type the HTML code for your table.

Be careful when posting from an Office application: MS adds lots of tags that can mess up proper formatting of tables.

I hope this answers your question?

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4142

Hello Maarten,

I want to create .html files with Standard texts and tables for the stability booklet. Therefor I want to create .html files containing these textes and tables.

The result should be a kind of "library" of .html files, which I just have to import into the document publisher when creating a stability booklet.

These predefined .html blocks, should not only contain text, but also tables. Herefore the second question: How do I define tables in a .html file for the document publisher?

It would be very helpful, if you could give a short example of a working .html file for the document publisher, containing text and a table.

Thanks in advance.

Malte

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4143

• Maarten
  • Administrator
Hi Malte,

Essentially, each HTML document will be a chapter. You can 'cheat' and make several chapters in the HTML code- every time you add a
<h1>top level header<h1>
a new chapter will be inserted.
Subsequent sub level headers (h2 .. h6) chapters are paragraphs
For more details see the example html file attached. Note that it doesn't start with an <h1>- then it would skip a chapter!

Good luck!

File Attachment:

File Name: lorum-ipsum.html
File Size: 5 KB

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4144

Thanks for your help.

The text writing is working fine so far, but I still have Problems with creating tables. I wrote myself a little table, with the help of your sheet (see attached). In the second table in this little .html file I wanted to set a border around the table, and define the width of the table´s cells but it doesn´t work. have I done something wrong or does DelftShip not support these attributes?

So a general question would be, how far DelftShip supports .html scripting?

I don´t want to do much, but I want to create formated text parts (which work so far) and proper formated tables.

Maybe you can show me how to format the cells in my little .html

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4148

Hello,

Question 1:

Can I force a pagebreak in one .html file?

Question 2:

in document Publisher I can Import my self written .html file and it is translated into headings and everything. If i create a new chapter as a .html how do I set my headings or anything?

Question 3:

On the website a snapshot is shown, where a chapter hast sub-chapters. how do I arrange a sub chapter to a main chapter and a sub-sub-chapter to a sub chapter, etc.

Question 4:

When is the help menu for the Publisher ready? In the help menu I can find the Publisher Topic, but there is nothing in it/I can´t open it!

Hopefully you can help.

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4149

• Maarten
  • Administrator
Hi!

1) No. HTML doesn't know about pages. You could try force a new page by using newlines (<BR />), but that is not ideal.

2) The first header of an included html file is set in Publisher itself. Subsequent headers you can define useng "<H1>" tags

3) H1 tags will be chapters, H2 tags will be sub chapters (paragraphs if you will). H3 wil be sub to H2, etc- see the example included earlier in this thread.

4) It is a work in progress, and we hope to have it finalised soon. Unfortunately I can not yet make any promises.

As for your earlier questions: CSS is not supported, and html formatting only to a very limited extent.

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4150

Hi,

its me again.

1.) OK

2.) I know how to set a heading <h1> or <h2> if i create my own html file on my own and Import it with the help of the "static text" .html Option of delftsh, but I meant something different. When I open the Publisher and a new chapter "static html". Then I open this "user defined text" and then a text Editor Pops up where I can write text. This text is only written text without any html formatting. in this menu, can I define sub-chapters? because there is no html Format used for Input.

3) As can be seen on your page (the snapshot is attached) you can arrange chapters and sub-chapters in the menu tree of the Publisher. how do you do that? I cant find the possibility to arrange the chapters and sub-chapters. Only up and down but not one Level below as a sub-chapter.

---->16.04.15 PROBLEM SOLVED! Insert "Node", Node can be used to organize chapters and Sub chapters.

4) Hope to get it soon. ;-)

publisher-overview_.png

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4154

• Maarten
  • Administrator
Apologies for the delay in answering, here goes:

An update regarding 1) : It is possible to tell the publisher there is a page break in a HTML document. Insert the tag <br Style="page-break-before:auto;"> and a page break will be inserted.

The branching is done via Nodes. A "Node"is essentially an empty placeholder that can contain chapters and other nodes. The only 'content' of a node is its title. Nodes can be added like any other chapter type, using the Insert Chapter button.

I hope this answers your question?

document publisher 2 years 1 month ago #4155

Hey Maarten,

thanks a lot. This helps me a lot in Setting up our Standard library for the stability booklet.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds