Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull?

Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull? 5 months 6 days ago #5567

• Hirnsausen
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, thanks a lot! Merci beaucoup!

If the hull is totally solid now (v3), I can use it. Inside Pov-Ray, I will create a 2nd copy of this hull and scale it down slightly, and use that smaller hull to subtract it from the solid bigger original hull. This way I get it hollow. This way, it allows me to subtract details from that smaller hull, like beams and joists and those. That's the reason why I needed a totally solid hull. V3 is exactly what I need (if it is solid).

In regards to the foredeck, merci again, but you did too much work! :-)
I actually have that already in POV-Ray. I would not need it here. It is just the solid hull alone, that I cannot develop in POV-Ray as rounded shapes like this hull are very difficult to create there.

If you can read the news.pov-ray.org with a newsreader, then i could lik you to the thread about this ship there. This way, if you like you could follow up.

There are more challenges ahead: I will eventually need to populate the ship and the entire Mississippi river scene with 1850s people typical for that area: cowboys, settlers, low-class workers, slaves, passengers, wealthier people, horses,a few animals. The biggest problem here are the 1850s clothes and faces that show characters.

Hey, Icare, I have a serious question: I am in the maritime archaeological field since over 35 years, but I am focusing on the various ship types of the ancient Roman world and of the Byzantine world. I know how they were looking. You, on the other hand, know how to create hulls with Delft. If you look online, you see that people who create sophisticated 3D models can sell the complexer ones online for lots of money, in the range of 500 to 2,000 US$ for all that brain work. Here is my proposal: would you be interested to work together with me on some AUTHENTIC ancient Roman ships, with ther aim that each of us has the rights on that and can sell it online later on? You would do the hulls to my specifications, and i do all superstructures and details incl. textures. When each 3D model is finished, each of us can sell it on any online platform as each of us sees fit. This way, you earn money straight with it without depending in regards to the financial share on transparency and honesty on my side (still, I am honest). Would you be interested?

FNR-1-01-01-SvenLittkowski-20060713-00AM05.jpg

FNR_1_XX_SvenLittkowski_20060730_10PM06.jpg

FNR-1-OnerariaCorbita-SvenLittkowski-20041221-11AM00.jpg

FNR-1-OnerariaCorbita-SvenLittkowski-20061126-11AM00.jpg

FNR-1-OnerariaPonto-SvenLittkowski-20041221-11AM06.jpg

FNR-3-04-01-SvenLittkowski-20041222-12PM04.jpg

FNR-3-03-01-SvenLittkowski-20041222-11PM52.jpg

FNR-3-03-01-SvenLittkowski-20041222-11PM55.jpg
Thanks a lot for your reading, time, good will and advises!
- Hirnsausen -
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull? 5 months 3 days ago #5570

• Icare
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi Hirnsausen!

Glad to know that you are satisfied. B)

Will you insert Huckleberry Finn and his best friend 's character in your scene? ;)

Let's continue the discussion off the forum, we'll have a few of things to discuss. :)

Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull? 5 months 3 days ago #5571

• Hirnsausen
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi. I want similar characters: a young boy of 14 years around, sitting at the edge of the deck, feet in the water. Boy not dressed rich, but like from a poor family. But hard to get characters, I am not good in making them, especially not the 1850s cloth.

I sent the e-mail. :-)
- Hirnsausen -

Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull? 5 months 2 days ago #5572

• Icare
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hirnsausen wrote:
Hi. I want similar characters: a young boy of 14 years around, sitting at the edge of the deck, feet in the water. Boy not dressed rich, but like from a poor family. But hard to get characters, I am not good in making them, especially not the 1850s cloth.

That's the very definition for Huck and Tom. As far as I remember they even had no shoes! ;) :whistle:
I had the chance to ride a paddle-boat and my farourite place on the ship was on the very top, between the chimneys... above the captain... between the river and the sky. B)
If you can insert Tom hailing Huck from my favourite place could make your scene more lively... but you'll have to fine the character in the convenient position: bent forward and using a hand as bullhorn... It could be a wink. ;)

Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat Hull? 5 months 2 days ago #5573

• Hirnsausen
  • Fresh Boarder
Fort now, I can't add characters. I try since 3 months to find someone who can create all characters I need, but i failed. Too expensive or no skills or both. I would need someone who can and wants assist.
- Hirnsausen -
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds