Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nautical designer wanted

Nautical designer wanted 1 month 1 week ago #5257

• DvR
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again for your support.
The main point is that with a depth of 2,400m1 i can’t have a seperate deep rudder
The solution has to be found in the keel down situation.
And for the doors off the beachclub, but also for the tender hach, I want to try to make this working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nautical designer wanted 4 weeks 1 day ago #5261

• DvR
  • Fresh Boarder
I would be very happy with just the lines plan of the hull, would you like to help me out?

The details I will draw myself, and are entirely dependent on which parts I can apply to view the process as realistic as possible in a scale model boat

Nautical designer wanted 2 weeks 6 days ago #5266

• Icare
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
DvR wrote:
The main point is that with a depth of 2,400m1 i can’t have a seperate deep rudder
The solution has to be found in the keel down situation

If I understand it well, you aren't trying to copy any real ship, so you aren't under any obligation.

Why don't you use a draught of 3m or more?

Why do you think the solution HAS to be found in the keel? Why can't you think of using a separate rudder? Two or three shorter rudders under the stern may be more efficient...
Old wooden ships may have their rudder attached to the kell, but their keel was long enough for the rudder to be under the stern, not close to the center of gravity.
Did you ever see a ship with its rudder so close to its center of gravity as on you project? :whistle:
If your rudder is not located in the aft quarter of the ship's length, it won't be efficient, and the more afar from the CG, the more efficient it will be.

Isn't efficiency your first preoccupation? :blink:

Nautical designer wanted 1 week 2 days ago #5280

• DvR
  • Fresh Boarder
The draught – for the original - is important to me because it should also be able to sail in shallow Dutch waters.

If we have a rudder in line with keel designs and both Azipots equipped with a longer stir sheet is that a possibility?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds