Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Show me your ships!

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 7 months ago #2420

• Icare
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
...And don't forget, The uploaded files must be quite light because the DeftShip server has NOT an infinity of storing space (check for the very first post on this thread). Personnally, I upload only JPeG files, 800x600 pixels and with a size of 100 Kb maximum.
The DelftShip team is kind enough to allow us to upload pictures just for fun, so don't abuse!.

DasBoot: I assume an impportant piont is what's the vertical position of the Center of Gravity, and this point is known by the shipyard only... if someone does... Anyway, it must be on a quite high position, as it is on any modern liner. Nothing to see with the World War II battleships.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dasboot

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 7 months ago #2421

• Dasboot
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply. We are slowly gathering info. The inboard profile our drafter is working on is starting to make sens. We just need to refine the model.

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 7 months ago #2422

• Dasboot
  • Fresh Boarder
Icare wrote:
...And don't forget, The uploaded files must be quite light because the DeftShip server has NOT an infinity of storing space (check for the very first post on this thread). Personnally, I upload only JPeG files, 800x600 pixels and with a size of 100 Kb maximum.
The DelftShip team is kind enough to allow us to upload pictures just for fun, so don't abuse!.

DasBoot: I assume an impportant piont is what's the vertical position of the Center of Gravity, and this point is known by the shipyard only... if someone does... Anyway, it must be on a quite high position, as it is on any modern liner. Nothing to see with the World War II battleships.

We have data on loads and KG. Beside there is a retired NA professor on the Forum who review & comment our work. We just need a FS/DS artist who can 'hammer' the plating better and faster that we can (at our speed the salvage will be completed before the model is). completed)

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 7 months ago #2424

• Dasboot
  • Fresh Boarder
marven wrote:
I have been following that thread. The problem does not seem to be how to model the vessel rather then where to obtain reliable information. You will need a very accurate hull shape, compartment layout and last but not least a list with all protected/unprotected openings in order to produce reliable results for the damage stability calculation.

Thanks for your reply. As you suggested on your post in the other forum, we are first going to work on a lines plan and use it as 'background image'. This should make the modelling much easier and give us a better model. When our hull get 'close' enough, we will submit it for your review.

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 7 months ago #2425

• Rurudyne
  • Senior Boarder
So ... is "Crazy Captain" an hydrodynamic analysis option in the Pro version? :)

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 6 months ago #2583

• Navyseal54
  • Fresh Boarder
design for a Dutch Multi Purpose Frigate Royal Netherlands Navy.

first attempt. can use some help, because i want to buid this ship as a scalemodel 1;100

Hopes you like it.........

R.A. Steenhoek
Attachments:

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 6 months ago #2602

• sd_naval
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Navyseal54,
Congratulations on the excellent model you have. Very nice hull...
I was trying to do something similar modelling an OPV, but does not look as good as yours... Have a look:
OPV-5.jpg

OPV-5_Linesplan.jpg

Please show us your final model to see how it ends.
again my congratulations for the nice job.
Sergio Diaz-Ibieta (SD_NAVAL)

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 6 months ago #2607

• Navyseal54
  • Fresh Boarder
Buenos dias SD-Naval, or am i wrong and are'nt you Spanisch.

Tnx for the complimentents. its a hell of a job creating this although the program is wonderfull.

Especially for modelbuilders like i am.

I am building the OPV Zeeland (P841) right now according to drwaings from the Damen Yard, second edition.

Also i am trying to create the hull from the A800 and A803 Karel Doorman the new JSS.

So thnx again..............will follow the tread :)

Ruud

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 6 months ago #2608

• McIntosh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is something I have been working on for a while.

And a picture of the completed model on sea trials.

Ian
Attachments:

Re: Show me your ships! 5 years 6 months ago #2614

• sd_naval
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Ian,
I see you are a "pro" modeller and/or designer. Quite a detailed and nice model you have. congratulations...!! I guess it should be quite difficult to get the X-bow lines in the "open market" although I found the US patent document (internet) from where one can extract information to start modelling,
Best regards,
Sergio

Hello Ruud (Navyseal54),
In fact I'm from Chile (Southamerica) where we speak spanish language
I will follow this thread to see how you finish your model.
Best regards. Sergio
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds