The tank editor of DELFTship™ is organized to let you create all your tanks as simple and fast as possible. Precise input of soundingpipes, whether straight or curved, allows for accurate calculations of sounding tables for any desired trim and heeling angle.Features of the tank modeling extension include:
- Create any number of tanks.
- Subtract negative compartments from larger compartments.
- Tanks are related to the hull geometry. After a modification to the hull all relevant tanks will be automatically rebuild to maintain data integrity.
- Tanks having the same contents or other properties can be grouped by assigning them to weight groups for a clearer output.
- Tanks may be connected to the surrounding water. These non-buoyant tanks are a convenient way of modeling a sea-chest, moonpool or stabilizer recess. The submerged volumes and areas are subtracted automatically in all hydrostatic computations, including the calculation of sectional area curve, water plane area, stability etc.
- Calculation of sounding tables for any given heel and trim
- Transparent shading of tanks for better visibility.
- Manual or fully automatic generation of tank arrangements. DELFTship™ features different tank arrangements for tank calculations, intact stability and damage stability.
- Overview of all available tanks to a report, including a tank arrangement view.